Faucet Repair & Replacement
There are some things you count on in life, including a quiet, strong stream of water when you turn a faucet on, and no water at all when you turn it off. Any deviation can temporarily affect your world view, not to mention your water bill!
A faucet has one task: It controls the release of the pressurized water in your pipes. But faucets themselves are more complicated. They operate by twisting or by lifting mechanisms; they are made of pipes, stoppers, screws, washers, ceramic discs and handles, all working to reduce that high water pressure to a manageable level.
Low water pressure, lack of hot water, leaking from the faucet or under the sink, or an irritating whistle or banging sound are common problems with shower or kitchen/bathroom sink faucets.
Probable causes include:
- Sediment buildup inside the faucet or in your water pipes that impedes water flow.
- A shutoff valve in the pipes leading to your faucet that is partially or completely closed, or leaking.
- Cracks or unsealed joints in your pipes that reduce water pressure.
- Sediment buildup in your hot water tank that prevents hot water from reaching the faucet.
- A pitted valve seat, cartridge or a worn rubber washer or O-ring in the faucet that allows a leak or drip.
Your Atlas plumbing expert will explain your options and can usually complete faucet repair or replacement right away.
Call 703-789-9070 for Priority Plumbing Service
We try to schedule same-day service, arrive with a full complement of replacement parts and can complete most repairs right away.