Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement
Garbage disposals are one of the kitchen’s greatest tools, reducing copious amounts of food waste to a consistency that easily flows down your drain and out of your life.
If your disposal unit stops working properly, or at all, you quickly realize how vital it is to your kitchen’s health and vitality. Your Atlas service technician will repair or replace your broken garbage disposal and get those food scraps moving out of your kitchen again.
Can Your Garbage Disposal Be Repaired?
Garbage disposals can fail in several ways.
These are the most common:
- If your disposal hums but doesn’t grind, its impeller (which forces the food against the grinding wall) may be jammed.
- If there’s a leak, the disposal’s connections to your drainpipes may need tightening or resealing.
- If the disposal runs intermittently, you may have a problem with the switch.
- If the unit makes a terrible (non-grinding) noise, the grinding wall, impeller or motor may be damaged.
- If the food particles don’t move out of the disposal, you may have a clogged pipe.
Your Atlas service technician will get to the root of the problem and, in most cases, make a repair on the spot.
Call 703-789-9070 for Priority Plumbing Service
We try to schedule same-day service, arrive with a full complement of replacement parts and can complete most repairs right away.
What if Your Garbage Disposal Can’t Be Repaired?
With proper care, a good garbage disposal unit will last about 10 years. But if it cannot be repaired, or the cost of repair is close to the cost of replacing the unit, your Atlas plumber has a variety of replacement options handy.